All employees in New York State are protected in the workplace from sexual harassment and harassment based on gender, race, national origin, or religion. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination. Every employee in the State of New York is entitled to work in an environment free from sexual harassment.
Every employer in the State of New York, regardless of the number of employees, is required to provide interactive anti-harassment training to all employees. This training must be repeated annually and must also be implemented in a timely manner for all new hires.
We are subject-matter experts in sexual harassment investigations, policy writing, human resources, customer service compliance, and education. We facilitate our training using real-life scenarios. Throughout our workshops, we encourage participation by openly engaging attendees in an inclusive environment. Course content and duration may be customized depending on client preferences.
The most effective way to change entrenched toxic work culture and curb undesirable behaviors has been continuously recognized as live, in-person and interactive training, in a group setting. Our engaging workshops can to positively impact your business and limit employer liability.
- Increased Awareness: sensitivity, trust, and positive behavior changes
- Compliance: exceeds New York State and New York City annual employer sexual harassment and discrimination training requirements
- Employee engagement: attendees required to participate by answering questions and contributing to dialogue with opportunities for participants to learn from colleagues
- Certification: compliance documentation will be provided for each attendee who completes the workshop
- Definition of sexual harassment, consistent with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and New York State Department of Labor
- Examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- Federal and state provisions concerning sexual harassment
- How to take action as a bystander, witness or involved party
- Special responsibilities of managers and supervisors
- Length of Training: 2 hours
- Location: Client’s preference of on or off-site
- Format: Interactive, in-person activities, engaging dialogue and legal review
- Participant reference packets with up to date resources
- 15 to 25 participants
- Interactive with real case scenarios
- Customized handouts and materials including certificates of compliance with New York State’s requirements for all attendees who complete the course