“One of the true tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised.”
~ Chinua Achebe
- Do the right thing and help others do the right thing too.
- Take responsibility for your actions and encourage other to take responsibility for their actions.
- Be a Role Model. We learn from each other. Working with integrity and ethically positively affects colleagues and the work environment. It is especially important for managers to set the right tone and do the right thing.
- Follow the Golden Rule. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
- When In Doubt, Ask. If you aren’t sure an action is permissible or if an activity in your work, ask a colleague, manager, HR, compliance or ethics officer.
- Disclose. It is important to disclose any potential ethical breach or possible conflict of interest.
- Be Informed. Keep informed of policy changes and laws in your field.
- Trust Your Feelings. If a situation feels uncomfortable or wrong, check it out.
- Respect Differences. We are all different. Respect other’s culture, language, history, and ask questions and listen when you don’t understand either someone’s behavior.
I’ll be adding more to this section and welcome contributions and suggestions.